The mountain community of Maniotu Springs has many Victorians and the Downtown area has many historic buildings. There are estates with views of Garden of the Gods and quaint victorians lining the streets just west of town.
Of special interest is the gated mountain community of Crystal Park which offers the unusual opportunity to reside in the mountains and yet be close to town.
Numerous shops and restaurants, historic sites of interest, and tourist attractions make this a popular area to visit. Home prices and age vary greatly depending on the location.
Manitou springs is serviced by School District 14.
|80829||ZIP CODE||Area Info|
Manitou Springs is practically its own neighborhood, a quaint mountain town being run into by a city. It combines aspects of suburban and rural life for its residents in town and the surrounding mountain areas.
Manitou Springs is served by school district 14 which offers two elementary, one middle and one high school.
• School District: http://www.mssd14.org/
• Pikes Peak Community College: http://www.ppcc.edu/
• Colorado Springs Christian School: http://www.cscslions.org
• University of Colorado - Colorado Springs: http://www.uccs.edu
There are a number of reputable care facilities in the West Colorado Springs area including the University of Colorado Health's Memorial Hospital Central.
In addition to this and other traditional medical facilities, the area also is home to a handful of alternative health facilities including medical marijuana dispensaries OMM Alternative and Go Green Cross.
• Memorial Health Systems: http://www.memorialhealthsystem.com/
• HealthSouth Rehabilitation Clinic: http://www.healthsouth.com/
• Affordable Medical Supply: http://affordablemedmart.com/
• Interm Health Care: http://www.interimhealthcare.com/coloradosprings
• Penrose - St. Francis Health Services: http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/
• East Springs Animal Hospital: http://eastsprings.com/
The area provides a variety of options when it comes to good cuisine. You can find a great variety of dining options like The Cliff House or for those with a more adventurous palette you can sample some of the dishes at the Tajine Alami Moroccan restaurant.
There are also all of the fast food and quick dining options you could ask for.
• Cliff House Dining Room: http://thecliffhouse.com
• The Loop: http://theloopmanitou.com/
• Mona Lisa Fondue: http://www.monalisafondue.com/
• Savelli's Pizza: http://www.savellispizza.com/
• Tajine Alami Moroccan Restaurant: http://www.tajinealami.com/
Plenty of adventure awaits you in beautiful Manitou Springs. Spend your days exploring many of the natural recreational opportunities like Pikes Peak or explore the natural scenic beauty of Red Rocks Open Space.
Hop aboard the Pike's Peak Cog Railroad that takes you to the top of the peak at an elevation of 14,115 feet.
There are a variety of religious centers and worship places of many denominations in the Manitou Springs area. Congregations include Timberline Baptist, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, the Historic Congregational Church located at the foot of Pike's Peak and Saint Andrews Episcopal.
• Timberline Baptist Church: http://timberlinebaptist.org/Welcome.html
• Our Lady Of Perpetual Help: http://www.tricommunity.org/
• The Historic Manitou Congregational Church: http://www.manitouucc.org/
• Saint Andrews Episcopal Church: http://www.saintandrewsmanitousprings.org/
Spend the day perusing colorful and fun shops at the Manitou Historic District Shops. Discover hidden gems like art galleries, wine shops, clothing stores and more.
University Village Colorado has you covered when looking for big box stores like Lowe's, Costco and Kohl's. You can find many smaller retailers like Nothing Bundt Cakes, The Pita Pit and many more.