Located in the northwest portion of the county south of the Tri-Lakes area with the Pike National Forest on the west, Baptist Road to the north, Colorado Highway 83 to the east, and Woodmen Rd/AF Academy boundary to the south.
The Northgate community consists of rolling hills, some with minimal vegetation affording spectacular views of Pikes Peak and the Air Force Academy and others with limited views but with the privacy and seclusion provided by numerous trees. The area to the west of I-25 is almost exclusively property of the Air Force Academy.
The area to the east consists of the residential communities known as Glen Eagle, Fox Run and Flying Horse.
Glen Eagle has both older custom homes on larger lots and newer homes on smaller lots. Fox Run is a relatively new development in a heavily-treed region with both semi-custom and custom homes of a half-acre or more lots. Flying Horse is an exclusive, master-planned community and country club complete with a Tom Weiskpof 18-hole golf course, many recreational facilities and trails.
Commute times to Colorado Springs from this area are generally in the neighborhood of twenty to twenty-five minutes. These neighborhoods are served by Academy School Districts 20 in the south and Lewis-Palmer School District 38 in the north.
The Northgate area is located 10 minutes north of Colorado Springs and just east of I-25 overlooking the Air Force Academy. Panoramic views of the front range make this area highly desirable. From modest homes to country club luxury at its finest, Northgate is considered one of the best locations in the Colorado Springs area.
The Northgate area is served by Academy School Districts 20 in the south and Lewis-Palmer School District 38 in the north.. Schools in the area include St. Mary's High School, General William Mitchell High School, Roy J. Watson High School, Stratton Elementary School, Evangelical Christian Academy, Colorado Springs Charter Academy.
Also nearby are facilities such as Colorado College, Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind and University of the Rockies.
• Academy District 20: http://www.asd20.org/Pages/default.aspx
• Lewis Palmer School District: http://lewispalmer.org/
• Colorado College: http://www.coloradocollege.edu/
• University of the Rockies: http://rockies.edu/
• New Geneva Theological Seminary: http://www.newgeneva.org/
• PIMA Medical Institue: http://pmi.edu/Locations/Details/Colorado-Springs
• Colorado State - Pueblo: http://www.colostate-pueblo.edu/
• CollegeAmerica: http://www.collegeamerica.edu/
• Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy: http://swigert.d11.org/
There are a number of reputable care facilities in the Northgate area including the University of Colorado Health's Memorial Hospital Central.
In addition to this and other traditional medical facilities, the area also is home to a handful of alternative health facilities including medical marijuana dispensaries OMM Alternative and Go Green Cross.
• Memorial Health Systems: http://www.memorialhealthsystem.com/
• HealthSouth Rehabilitation Clinic: http://www.healthsouth.com/
• OMM Alternative: http://ommalternative.com/
• Go Green Cross - MMJ Doctors: http://www.gogreencross.com/
• Affordable Medical Supply: http://affordablemedmart.com/
• Interm Health Care: http://www.interimhealthcare.com/coloradosprings
• Penrose - St. Francis Health Services: http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/
• East Springs Animal Hospital: http://eastsprings.com/
The area provides a variety of options when it comes to good cuisine, with everything from down-home cookin' to top-notch ethnic fare from Mexican and Japanese to Italian and Thai.
At The Citadel Mall, the area's largest shopping center, the eating options include restaurants such as Chick-fil-A, Subway, Panda Express, and Ruby Tuesday.
• Black Bear Diner: http://blackbeardiner.com
• Mushashi Japanese Restaurant: http://musashijapaneserestaurant.com/
• Omelette Parlor: http://www.co-spgs-omeletteparlor.com/
• Rocco's Italian Restaurant: http://www.roccoscolorado.com/
• Fargo's Pizza: http://www.fargospizza.com/
• Bambino's Italian Eatery: http://bambinositalian.com/
• Thai Lily Cuisine: http://thailily.comcastbiz.net/
Stunning views of Pikes Peak and the Front Range are part of the everyday scenery in Black Forest.
The area contains two popular parks — Black Forest Regional Park and Fox Run Regional Park — and sits at an elevation of 6,500-7,800 feet. Other recreation options include to Brentwood Country Club, Homestead Ranch Park and Wonderland Ranch.
Wonderland Ranch is a 30 acre private park that can accommodate groups of 150 to 3,000 people for concerts, company picnics, family reunions, barbecues, conventions, business meetings and private parties.
There are many properties in the area that are zoned for horses and include wide-open spaces and forested trails for riding.
There are a variety of religious centers and worship places on many denominations in the Northgate area. Congregations include Crossroads Chapel, Springs Church, New Life Church and more.
• Crossroads Chapel: http://www.crossroadsgleneagle.com/
• New Life Church: http://www.newlifechurch.org/
• Forestgate Presbyterian Church: http://home.forestgate.org/
• Springs Church: http://thespringschurch.com/
• Apostolic Christian Church: http://www.accncosprings.com/
The area's shopping hub The Citadel Mall, one of the largest shopping centers in Colorado .It is shopping anchored by Burlington Coat Factory, Dillard's, and JCPenney and includes 150+ specialty stores such as Express, Bath and Body Works, American Eagle, Buckle, and Hollister.
Nestled near the Powers corridor, this ranch-style home offers a low-maintenance front yard and access to Sand Creek through a private gate. The living room seamlessly in...
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Clients Choice Realty.
Stunningly customized and modernized home in central Colorado Springs. Situated on a substantial, completly landscaped and irrigated lot, the backyard offers a tranquil a...
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Partners.
Great town home in walking distance to Lewis Palmer High School, the Monument YMCA, Walmart, restaurants and other shopping! Beautiful views of the front range out the f...
Listing courtesy of Flying Horse Realty LLC.
Welcome to 3622 Tuscanna Grove – where unique style meets timeless elegance. Nestled near Powers and convenient grocery stores, this home boasts breathtaking views of Pik...
Listing courtesy of NAV Real Estate.
Escape to the mountains and discover your tranquil retreat in this modern yet rustic property. As you enter, the updated engineered hardwood flooring guides you through t...
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Clients Choice.
The real estate listing information and related content displayed on this site is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Any offer of compensation is made only to Participants of the PPMLS. This information and related content is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the Pikes Peak REALTOR® Services Corp.