West Colorado Springs includes several communities west of Downtown, spreading up into the foothills and heading up Ute pass to Woodland Park.
History and personality abound on Colorado Springs' west side. The west is home to century-old homes, historic shopping districts, quaint towns and local artists.
The west side is minutes from downtown and boasts great outdoor escapes such as Red Rocks Canyon Open Space and picturesque Garden of the Gods.
The West neighborhoods are an eclectic combination of unique older homes in well-established neighborhoods. Exciting retro possibilities exist in Cragmor and Holland Park.
Upscale Kissing Camels is a mix of older and newer custom homes that surround the wooded, 27-hole Kissing Camels Golf Course and Club.
Newer developments such as Crown Hill Mesa and Gold Hill Mesa offer moderately priced, single family homes convenient to Fort Carson and the USAFA.
These neighborhoods are served by School district 11.
This section of town consists mostly of older homes of all sizes and prices and are typically.
There are some newer subdivisions such as Maple Grove and more expensive homes near Colorado Springs Country Club and Palmer Park.
The West Colorado Springs area is served by School District 11. Schools in the area include St. Mary's High School, General William Mitchell High School, Roy J. Watson High School, Stratton Elementary School, Evangelical Christian Academy, Colorado Springs Charter Academy.
Also nearby are facilities such as Colorado College, Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind and University of the Rockies.
• Colorado Springs School District 11: http://www.d11.org/
• Colorado Springs School District 14: http://www.mssd14.org/
• University of Colorado - Colorado Springs: http://uccs.edu/
• Colorado College: http://www.coloradocollege.edu/
• New Geneva Theological Seminary: http://www.newgeneva.org/
• PIMA Medical Institue: http://pmi.edu/Locations/Details/Colorado-Springs
• CollegeAmerica: http://www.collegeamerica.edu/
• Pikes Peak Community College: http://www.ppcc.edu/
• Colorado Springs Christian School: http://www.cscslions.org
There are a number of reputable care facilities in the West Colorado Springs area including the University of Colorado Health's Memorial Hospital Central.
In addition to this and other traditional medical facilities, the area also is home to a handful of alternative health facilities including medical marijuana dispensaries OMM Alternative and Go Green Cross.
• Memorial Health Systems: http://www.memorialhealthsystem.com/
• HealthSouth Rehabilitation Clinic: http://www.healthsouth.com/
• Affordable Medical Supply: http://affordablemedmart.com/
• Interm Health Care: http://www.interimhealthcare.com/coloradosprings
• Penrose - St. Francis Health Services: http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/
The area provides a variety of options when it comes to good cusine, with everything from down-home cookin' to top-notch ethnic fare from Mexican and Ethiopian to Italian.
• Paravicini's Italian Bistro: http://paravicinis.com
• Uchenna Ethiopian Restaurant: http://uchennaalive.com/
• Bon Ton's Cafe: http://www.bontonscafe.com/
• Garden Of The God's Gourmet: http://www.godsgourmet.com/
• Amanda's Fonda: http://www.amandasfonda.com/
• Front Range Barbeque: http://frbbq.com/
Stunning views of Pikes Peak and the Front Range are part of the everyday scenery in Colorado Springs
In West Colorado Springs there is no shortage of options for the outdoor enthusiast. Red Rocks open Space offers some of the area's best hiking and has stunning views of the Pike's Peak Region.
The Garden of The Gods Visitor and Nature Center has fun for the entire family with everything from shopping and exhibits to rocks climbing and Segway tours.
There are many properties in the area that are zoned for horses and include wide-open spaces and forested trails for riding.
• Red Rocks Open Space: http://www.springsgov.com/page.aspx?navid=2090
• Vemijo Park: http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=1926#V
• Bott Park: http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=1926#B
• Garden of the Gods: http://www.gardenofgods.com/
• Bear Creek Regional Park: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Creek
There are a variety of religious centers and worship places on many denominations in the West Colorado Springs area. Congregations include Grace Church of the Nazarene, Sacred Hear Catholic, Calvary Worship Center, Rock of Ages Lutheran and more.
• Colorado Springs Grace Church of the Nazarene: http://www.csgrace.org/
• Sacred heart Catholic: http://www.tricommunity.org/
• Pikes Peak United Methodist: http://www.pikespeakunitedmethodistchurch.com/
• Calvary Worship Center: http://www.cwccs.org
• Rock Of Ages Lutheran: http://www.rockofageslcms.org/
This area features some really good options for shopping. Be sure to stop by some of the shops in the Manitou Springs Historic District Shops where you can find an eclectic mix of shops with everything from apparel, jewelry, quirky gifts and specialty food shops.
The area also has the very popular University Village shopping area that is anchored by Costco, Lowes and Kohl's
• Manitou Springs Historic District Shops: http://www.manitousprings.org/category/shopping/
• Old Colorado City historic District Shops: http://www.shopoldcoloradocity.com/
• University Village: http://www.uvcshopping.com/