Southwest Colorado Springs includes several communities located adjacent to the five-star Broadmoor Resort.
The Broadmoor area blends the city's original mansions with homes on heavily wooded creekside lots, a number of the sites harkening back to days when there were summer cottages. Broadmoor is one of the priciest and most-sought-after in the region for housing with a median of more than $500,000 and running into the millions.
Neighborhoods surrounding the Broadmoor offer many options in custom homes. Established neighborhoods with lush vegetation such as Lower Skyway and Cheyenne Canyon are filled with older ranch-style and bungalow-style homes.
Cheyenne Canyon has more-affordable housing. Set at the base of Cheyenne Mountain, there are trails to hike and bike, waterfalls and spectacular views.
Neighborhoods south of the Broadmoor Resort in the foothills offer newer homes, as well as older semi-custom and custom homes extending to the estates in the Broadmoor Resort, Broadmoor Proper, and The Preserve.
Attractions include Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and Seven Falls.
The Southwest neighborhoods offer convenience to Downtown, Fort Carson, and Cheyenne Mountain AFB.
Most of the southwest is served by Cheyenne Mountain School District 12 which is one of the leading districts in the State.
|80906||ZIP CODE||Area Info||
Downtown Colorado Springs is a diverse place with character, including tree-lined streets, plenty of parks, museums and attractions, as well as many locally-owned and unique businesses and restaurants.
Historic homes surround the beautiful Colorado College founded in 1874.
The aincludes several types of home from ranch-style 50's houses to stately and expensive victorian mansions downtown.
These neighborhoods include the Old North End, Spring Creek, Patty Jewet.
Children in the Downtown Colorado Springs area attend schools in the Colorado School District #11. There are many higher education opportunities in the Colorado Springs area like Colorado College, a four year liberal arts college and Pikes Peak Community College.
• Taylor Elementary School: http://taylor.d11.org/Pages/default.aspx
• North Middle School: http://north.d11.org/Pages/default.aspx
• Palmer High School: http://palmer.d11.org/Pages/default.aspx
• University of the Rockies: http://rockies.edu/
• Pikes Peak Prep: http://pikespeakprep.org/
• Community Prep School: http://www.communityprepschool.org/
• Colorado College: http://www.coloradocollege.edu/
• Colorado Springs Conservatory: http://www.coloradospringsconservatory.org/
• University of Colorado - Colorado Springs: http://www.uccs.edu/
• Pikes Peak Community College: http://www.ppcc.edu/
There are a number of reputable care facilities in the Downtown Colorado Springs area including the University of Colorado Health's Memorial Hospital Central, HealSouth Rehab and Penrose - St. Francis.
• Memorial Health Systems: http://www.memorialhealthsystem.com/
• HealthSouth Rehabilitation Clinic: http://www.healthsouth.com/
• Affordable Medical Supply: http://affordablemedmart.com/
• Interm Health Care: http://www.interimhealthcare.com/coloradosprings
• Penrose - St. Francis Health Services: http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/
The Downtown Colorado Springs is home to a vibrant and growing food scene. Whether you crave comfort food or fancier fare, the Downtown area has you covered. Head over to Paninos for some delicious Italian or stop by Jose Muldoon's for Mexican food. Plenty of restaurants in the area to satisfy even the most picky of foodies.
• Springs Orleans: http://www.springsorleans.com/
• Nosh: http://www.nosh121.com/
• Paninos: http://www.paninos.com/
• Southside Johnny's: http://www.southsidejohnnys.biz/
• Jose Muldoon's: http://www.josemuldoons.com/
• Warehouse Restaurant and Gallery: http://www.thewarehouserestaurant.com/
• The Olive Branch: http://www.thewarehouserestaurant.com/
When you head to Downtown Colorado Springs you will not have a shortage of things to do. Many parks and recreational centers are found throughout this beautiful city and the Downtown area is no exception. You can take a tour of the U.S. Olympic Training Center which is used by athletes from all over the world to train for the games. Maybe you are feeling a little adventurous, test your climbing skills at City Rock or spend the day exploring the areas many parks. The Downtown area is also home to the Colorado Springs Fine Art Center where you can spend the day gazing artwork or going to the theater or museum.
• America The Beautiful Park: http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=1459
• City Rock: http://www.climbcityrock.com/
• Pikes Peak Ranger District: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/
• Monument Valley Park: http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=1995
• U.S. Olympic Training Complex: http://www.teamusa.org/Colorado-Springs
• Colorado Springs Fine Art Center: http://www.csfineartscenter.org/
The Downtown Colorado Springs area is home to many places of worship. The area offers newer more modern churches as well as historic older churches. Churches include St. Mary Cathedral, First United Methodist and many more.
• First Christian Church: http://www.gccommunity.org/
• First United Methodist: http://www.fumc-cs.org/
• Saint Mary Cathedral: http://www.stmaryscathedral.org/
• Grace and St. Stephens Episcopal: http://www.gssepiscopal.org/
• First Congregational Church: http://fcucc.org/
Downtown Colorado Springs has some fun and unusual shops that are worth visiting. The Art on The Street project features many local artists selling their creations for tourists and locals alike. Be sure to check out Poor Richard's, a combination of book store, restaurant, coffee and wine bar and toy store it you are looking for something really unique. You can head a little to the west of downtown and spend the day at the Historic Colorado City Shopping District where you'll find charming shops in a small town setting on tree lines streets.
• Art On The Street: http://www.downtowncs.com
• Colorado Expressions: http://www.coexpressions.com/
• Poor Richard's: http://www.poorrichardsdowntown.com/
• Savory Spice Shop: http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/colorado/colorado-springs.html
• Old Colorado City: http://shopoldcoloradocity.com/
A truly one of a kind home in school district 12! This mid century modern home has all new modern updates along with Colorado rustic charm! Majority of the home has custo...
Listing courtesy of ERA Shields Real Estate.
Beautiful Updated and Remodeled! Five bed, three bath district 12 home sits on over .25 acre lot with mountain views. Updated throughout, wide plank flooring on the main ...
Listing courtesy of RE/MAX Real Estate Group LLC.
Rare find in Southwest Colorado Springs. This two owner home sits on over a .25 acre lot with direct access to Quail Lake Park, which provides for a stunning, private set...
Listing courtesy of Springs Homes Inc.
FIVE BEDROOMS * FOUR BATHROOMS * CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING * LARGE EAT IN KITCHEN * FORMAL LIVING AND DINING ROOM * MAIN LEVEL HARDWOOD FLOORING * GRANITE COUNTER TOPS * F...
Listing courtesy of RE/MAX Properties Inc..
Custom ranch on 1/3 acre in District 12. Start your tour in vaulted foyer that leads to formal dining room with built in hutch niche. Dramatic mountain views make a stat...
Listing courtesy of RE/MAX Real Estate Group LLC.
The real estate listing information and related content displayed on this site is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. This information and related content is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the Pikes Peak REALTOR® Services Corp.