Falcon North is a newer area of Colorado Springs, situated to the north of the city, nestled between the rapidly-expanding Briargate area more rural parts of El Paso County such as Black Forest, Peyton and Falcon.
This area is great for families looking for a mix of open spaces and rolling hills with rural charm, but who want to keep close access to the amentities of the city.
The housing landscape is dominated by two large master-planned communities, called Meridian Ranch and Woodmen Hills.
These developments also offer great value on spacious homes, plenty of community amenities and large homesites up to 5 acres. Other subdivisions in the area include Elkhorn Estates, Falcon Hills, Paint Brush Hills, Latigo Estates, the Trails and Woodlake.
|80831||ZIP CODE||Area Info||
The Falcon North area of Colorado Springs is quickly becoming one of the more popular areas for real estate and Falcon North District 49 is one of the fastest growing school districts in the state. This area is great for anyone that loves horses. Falcon North is one of the best places in the Colorado Springs area for equestrian communities. The neighborhoods offer equestrian facilities and many offer riding easements.
Many newer developments are making this area a much sought after location in the Colorado Springs real estate market. Two of the most popular neighborhoods are are Meridian Ranch and Woodmen Hills. Meridian Ranch homes are mostly in the $250,000 - $500,000 range. This area features many hiking trails and has two parks that offer plenty of outdoor activities like picnic areas, basketball courts, climbing, grassy areas and walking paths.
Woodman Hills features homes priced in the $175,000 to the $400,000 range. Many brand new homes are available in this neighbor hood as well as older homes. Woodman Hills residents enjoy the use of two recreation facilities that are operated by the Pikes Peak area YMCA and offers many
youth sports activities.
The Falcon North area is served by School District 11. Schools in the area include St. Mary's High School, General William Mitchell High School, Roy J. Watson High School, Stratton Elementary School, Evangelical Christian Academy, Colorado Springs Charter Academy.
Also nearby are facilities such as Colorado College, Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind and University of the Rockies.
• Colorado Springs School District 11: http://www.d11.org/
• Colorado Springs School District 23: http://www.peyton.k12.co.us/district.php
• Colorado Springs School District 49: http://www.d49.org/
• Pikes Peak Community College: http://www.ppcc.edu/
• Colorado Springs Charter Academy: http://cscharter.org/
• Colorado College: http://www.coloradocollege.edu/
• University of the Rockies: http://rockies.edu/
• New Geneva Theological Seminary: http://www.newgeneva.org/
• PIMA Medical Institue: http://pmi.edu/Locations/Details/Colorado-Springs
• Colorado State - Pueblo: http://www.colostate-pueblo.edu/
• CollegeAmerica: http://www.collegeamerica.edu/
There are a number of reputable care facilities in the Falcon North area including the University of Colorado Health's Memorial Hospital Central.
In addition to this and other traditional medical facilities, the area also is home to a handful of alternative health facilities including medical marijuana dispensaries OMM Alternative and Go Green Cross.
• Memorial Health Systems: http://www.memorialhealthsystem.com/
• HealthSouth Rehabilitation Clinic: http://www.healthsouth.com/
• Affordable Medical Supply: http://affordablemedmart.com/
• Interm Health Care: http://www.interimhealthcare.com/coloradosprings
• Penrose - St. Francis Health Services: http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/
The area provides a variety of options when it comes to good cusine, with everything from down-home cookin' to top-notch ethnic fare from Mexican and Japanes to Italian and Thai.
At The Citadel Mall, the area's largest shopping center, the eating options include restaurants such as Chick-fil-A, Subway, Panda Express, and Ruby Tuesday.
• Black Bear Diner: http://blackbeardiner.com
• Mushashi Japanese Restaurant: http://musashijapaneserestaurant.com/
• Omelette Parlor: http://www.co-spgs-omeletteparlor.com/
• Rocco's Italian Restaurant: http://www.roccoscolorado.com/
• Fargo's Pizza: http://www.fargospizza.com/
• Bambino's Italian Eatery: http://bambinositalian.com/
• Thai Lily Cuisine: http://thailily.comcastbiz.net/
Stunning views of Pikes Peak and the Front Range are part of the everyday scenery in Colorado Springs
The area contains two popular parks — Black Forest Regional Park and Fox Run Regional Park — and sits at an elevation of 6,500-7,800 feet. For adventerous types, you can hop on the Cog Railway which is the worlds highest railway, and go hiking on pikes peak. Other recreation options include to Brentwood Country Club, Homestead Ranch Park and Wonderland Ranch.
Wonderland Ranch is a 30 acre private park that can accommodate groups of 150 to 3,000 people for concerts, company picnics, family reunions, barbeques, conventions, business meetings and private parties.
There are many properties in the area that are zoned for horses and include wide-open spaces and forested trails for riding.
• Brunswick Zone: http://www.bowlbrunswick.com/
• Colorado Springs Sky Sox: http://coloradosprings.skysox.milb.com/
• Kiowa Creek Bird Sanctuary: http://aikenaudubon.com/birding/local-birding/
• Pikes Peak Cog Railway: http://cograilway.com/
• Garden of the Gods: http://www.gardenofgods.com/
• The Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center: http://www.teamusa.org
There are a variety of religious centers and worhsip places on many denominations in the Falcon North area. Congregations include , Gateway Community Church, First Baptist Church, Our Lady of the Pines, Springs Tabernacle Christian Fellowship and more.
• Gateway Community Church: http://www.gccommunity.org/
• First Baptist Church: http://www.fbcbf.org/
• Our Lady of The Pines: http://www.ourladyofthepines.org/
• Springs Tabernacle Christian Fellowship: http://www.springstabernacle.com
• Our Lady of The Pines: http://www.ourladyofthepines.org/
The area's shopping hub The Citadel Mall, one of the largest shopping centers in Colorado .It is shopping anchored by Burlington Coat Factory, Dillard's, and JCPenney and includes 150+ specialty stores such as Express, Bath and Body Works, American Eagle, Buckle, and Hollister.
Also located in the Colorado Springs area are the Promenade Shops at Briargate