The Black Forest area is located in central part of El Paso County, just north of Colorado Springs. It is generally outlined by County Line Road to the north, Colorado Highway 83 to the west, as well as Woodmen Road on the south end and Eastonville Road to the east.
This distinctive community has long been known for its 200,000 acres of rolling hills and heavily forested areas filled with Ponderosa Pines, however, recently the largest wildfire in the history of Colorado burnt through a large portion of Black Forest.
Roughly 75% of residents are married and families with children reside in 36% of Black Forest households. Half the population of Black Forest commutes 30 minutes or more to work, with 80% of residents holding white collar jobs and 20% residents holding blue collar jobs.
|80106||ZIP CODE||80908||ZIP CODE|
With its close proximity to Colorado Springs, Black Forest has become a bedroom community with many commuting to the nearby city. Black Forest is in unincorporated El Paso County and contains no federal or state property, with limited county property.
The area has a solid heritage with many families having taken residence here for generations, however, there is also a fair amount of new development.
The Black Forest area is an amalgamation of neighborhoods including Highland Park, Wildwood Ranch, Pine Cone Acres, Bridle Bit Ranch, Cathedral Pines and Black Forest Ranch. The area is unincorporated and offers a variety of lifestyles and homes.
The Black Forest area sits between three school districts and depending on a resident’s location students would attend either classes at either Academy District 20, Falcon District 49 or Lewis-Palmer District 38.
All of these schools place a high priority on education as the key to success and strive to provide the best possible learning environments for their students.
Institutes of higher education such as the Air Force Academy, the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado College, Regis University, Pikes Peak Community College and many commuter colleges are all within a reasonable drive.
• Academy District 20: www.asd20.org
• Falcon District 49: www.d49.org
• Lewis-Palmer District 38: www.lewispalmer.org
• Peyton School District 23: http://www.greatschools.org/
• Pikes Peak Community College: http://www.ppcc.edu/
True to its equine-friendly reputation, the Black Forest area has a pair of animal medical facilities including the Rocky Mountain Equine Clinic and Black Forest Vet Clinic. When it comes to humans there are dentistry and psychology practices in the area, however, the closest true hospital/care facility is the nearby Memorial Hospital North, just south in the Briargate area of town.
• Desert Harvest: http://www.desertharvest.com/
• Rocky Mountain Equine Clinic: http://rockymountainequine.com/
• Dentistry in the Forest: http://www.dentistryintheforest.com/
• Black Forest Vet Clinic: http://www.blackforestvetclinic.com/
• Penrose St. Francis: http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/
Restaurants - Dining in Black Forest, CO
Though the area is largely rural, there are several dining options in the Black Forest region including chains such as Subway and lots of local flavor including The Grill at Latigo, Firehouse on the Run, R&R Coffee Cafe and Rudy’s Roadhouse.
• Black Forest Bed and Breakfast: http://www.blackforestbb.com/
• R&R Coffee Cafe: http://rnrcoffeecafe.com/
• The Grill at Latigo: http://www.latigogrill.com/
• Firehouse on the Run: http://firehouseontherun.com/
Stunning views of Pikes Peak and the Front Range are part of the everyday scenery in Black Forest.
The area contains two popular parks — Black Forest Regional Park and Fox Run Regional Park — and sits at an elevation of 6,500-7,800 feet. Other recreation options include to Brentwood Country Club, Homestead Ranch Park and Wonderland Ranch.
Wonderland Ranch is a 30 acre private park that can accommodate groups of 150 to 3,000 people for concerts, company picnics, family reunions, barbeques, conventions, business meetings and private parties.
There are many properties in the area that are zoned for horses and include wide-open spaces and forested trails for riding.
• Wonderland Ranch: http://www.wonderlandranch.com/
• Black Forest Community Club: http://www.bfcommunityclub.org/
• Kiowa Creek Bird Sanctuary: http://aikenaudubon.com/birding/local-birding/
• Black Forest Regional Park: http://www.blackforesttrails.org/
• Fox Run Regional Park: http://www.blackforesttrails.org/foxrun/
• La Foret Conference & Retreat Center: http://www.laforet.org/
Worship - Churches in Black Forest, CO
There are a variety of religious centers and worhsip places on many denominations in the Black Forest area including such churches as the aptly-named Black Forest Church. Other congregations include Black Forest Community Church, Gateway Community Church, First Baptist Church, Our Lady of the Pines, Springs Tabernacle Christian Fellowship and more.
• Black Forest Chapel: http://www.blackforestchapel.org/
• Black Forest Community Church: http://blackforestcommunitychurch.org/
• Black Forest Lutheran Church: http://www.bflchurch.org/
• Gateway Community Church - Black Forest Campus: http://www.gccommunity.org/
• First Baptist Church - Black Forest: http://www.fbcbf.org/
• Our Lady of The Pines: http://www.ourladyofthepines.org/
• Springs Tabernacle Christian Fellowship: http://www.springstabernacle.com/
The commercial center for Black Forest has been established at the intersection of Shoup Road and Black Forest Road where the Community Center exists along with the volunteer fire station, churches, a gas station and other small businesses.
• Table Rock Llamas Fiber Arts: http://www.tablerockllamas.com/
• The Original Basket Boutique: http://www.obbcoloradosprings.com/
• Promenade Shops: http://www.thepromenadeshopsatbriargate.com/
• Chapel Hills Mall: http://www.chapelhillsmall.com/
• University Village: http://www.uvcshopping.com/
Enjoy the picture-perfect views of pikes peak in this 7151 sq.ft. custom home. This well designed open floor plan has a room for your every need. 5 acres and 360-degree ...
Listing courtesy of RE/MAX Real Estate Group LLC.
Incredible Mountain Views from this stunning 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom house enjoy the sweeping views from both the front and back of the house! 3 car attached garage is ful...
Listing courtesy of First Premier Realty Group.
Gated Black Forest Reserve Home just hit the market in Colorado Springs! This Relaxing and Stunning home features 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 4,012 sq ft of living space...
Listing courtesy of Pikes Peak Dream Homes Realty.
View of Pike Peak. GREAT SUBDIVISION, WITH FIRST CLASS GOLF COURSE AND CLUB HOUSE TO BE BUILT. Also Working Capital to Flying Horse North HOA 1,500.00. Monthly Dues may...
Listing courtesy of Cornelius Case W Boogaard.
Rare find! Over 5 acres in sought after central Black Forest commercial district near Black Forest Road and Shoup intersection! The parcel is partially heavily treed and...
Listing courtesy of RE/MAX Real Estate Group LLC.
The real estate listing information and related content displayed on this site is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. This information and related content is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the Pikes Peak REALTOR® Services Corp.