This growing area is located just east of Downtown Colorado Springs between Powers and Falcon.
It is near Peterson and Schriever Air Force Bases, and is made up of two large communities — both located along Marksheffel Road — called Banning Lewis Ranch and Claremont Ranch.
With panoramic views of the Rockies and Pikes Peak, these communities offer moderately priced single family homes and townhomes with open space, parks and trails. Residents enjoy nearby Jimmy Camp Creek Regional Park and Ramah State Wildlife area and reservoir located in Calhan.
These areas are served by District 49 and District 3.
|80922||ZIP CODE||80927||ZIP CODE|
Marksheffel Road was named for the family that built and ran the giant Marksheffel Garage and Marksheffel Motor Co. starting in the early 1900s. The huge automobile garage covered the block where Penrose Library is today, facing Kiowa street and west to the Carnegie Library (the building mid-block with the round rotunda).
Today, Marksheffel is known as a region of homes in Colorado Springs east of Powers and west of Falcon. This area includes the popular communities of Claremont Ranch and Banning Lewis Ranch. With a location convenient to both Peterson Air Force Base and Schriver Air Force Base, these new and recently-built homes are a good value and popular with families.
The Marksheffel area is served by School Districts 49 and 3. Schools in the area include St. Mary's High School, General William Mitchell High School, Roy J. Watson High School, Stratton Elementary School, Evangelical Christian Academy, Colorado Springs Charter Academy.
Also nearby are facilities such as Colorado College, Colrado School for the Deaf and the Blind and University of the Rockies.
• Falcon School District 49: http://www.d49.org/
• Widefield School District 3: http://www.wsd3.org/
• Colorado College: http://www.coloradocollege.edu/
• University of the Rockies: http://rockies.edu/
• New Geneva Theological Seminary: http://www.newgeneva.org/
• PIMA Medical Institue: http://pmi.edu/Locations/Details/Colorado-Springs
• University of Colorado - Colorado Springs: http://www.uccs.edu/
• CollegeAmerica: http://www.collegeamerica.edu/
• Pikes Peak Community College: http://www.ppcc.edu/
There are a number of reputable care facilities in the Falcon area including the University of Colorado Health's Memorial Hospital Central.
In addition to this and other traditional medical facilities, the area also is home to a handful of alternative health facilities including medical marijuana dispensaries OMM Alternative and Go Green Cross.
• Memorial Health Systems: http://www.memorialhealthsystem.com/
• HealthSouth Rehabilitation Clinic: http://www.healthsouth.com/
• Affordable Medical Supply: http://affordablemedmart.com/
• Interm Health Care: http://www.interimhealthcare.com/coloradosprings
• Penrose - St. Francis Health Services: http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/
The area provides a variety of options when it comes to good cusine, with everything from down-home cookin' to top-notch ethnic fare from Mexican and Japanes to Italian and Thai.
At The Citadel Mall, the area's largest shopping center, the eating options include restaurants such as Chick-fil-A, Subway, Panda Express, and Ruby Tuesday.
• Black Bear Diner: http://blackbeardiner.com
• Mushashi Japanese Restaurant: http://musashijapaneserestaurant.com/
• Omelette Parlor: http://www.co-spgs-omeletteparlor.com/
• Rocco's Italian Restaurant: http://www.roccoscolorado.com/
• Fargo's Pizza: http://www.fargospizza.com/
• Bambino's Italian Eatery: http://bambinositalian.com/
• Thai Lily Cuisine: http://thailily.comcastbiz.net/
Get out an enjoy some of the many recreational activities in the area. You can take the little ones over to the Fit and Fun Park located in the Banning Lewis Ranch Community where they can have fun and help them stay in shape.
The Jimmy Camp Creek Park is in the Lewis Ranch area also and features over 600 acres of un-developed land to explore.
• Fit and Fun Park: http://www.banninglewisranch.com/community/amenities
• Jimmy Camp Creek Park: https://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=1940
There are a variety of religious centers and worship places on many denominations in the Marksheffel area. Congregations include Gateway Church and it's main campus on Marksheffel Rd. and Servants of the Holy Family on Maverick Rd.
The area's shopping hub The Citadel Mall, one of the largest shopping centers in Colorado .It is shopping anchored by Burlington Coat Factory, Dillard's, and JCPenney and includes 150+ specialty stores such as Express, Bath and Body Works, American Eagle, Buckle, and Hollister.
Beautiful newer town home! Fenced in yard, patio, 42” cabinets, kitchen Island, New Paint, New Carpet, New Flooring, newer fixtures and appliances. Breakfast bar, eat in ...
Listing courtesy of The TC Group, LLC.
BEAUTIFUL RICHMOND HOME, BUILT IN 2007. 3 BED ROOMS UPSTAIRS WITH LAUNDRY ON THE MAIN LEVEL. THE KITCHEN WAS REMODELED WITH NEW CABINETS AND GRANITE. 5 MINUTE DRIVE TO PE...
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Partners.
Welcome home. Meticulously well-maintained, this 2 story home on large corner lot and finished basement is awaiting new ownership. Upon entering, you are greeted with har...
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Partners.
Award winning Volante floor plan by Oakwood homes, is move in ready, & offers breath taking Pikes Peak & Mountain views & backs to Cottonwood Preserve Open Space! Banning...
Listing courtesy of The Platinum Group.
Popular Van Buren floor plan! Enjoy 2199 finished square feet in this functional, open-concept two story home. Enter to find a spacious office space along with a private ...
Listing courtesy of New Home Star LLC.
The real estate listing information and related content displayed on this site is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. This information and related content is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the Pikes Peak REALTOR® Services Corp.