Falcon is an unincorporated area of El Paso County along U.S. Highway 24 about 14 miles northeast of Colorado Springs.
This town was railroad hub in the early 20th century and spent several decades as a quiet ranching community until it experienced rapid residential growth throughout the 1990s.
The population of Falcon as of 2009 is estimated to be 10,514. The U.S. Post Office at Peyton (ZIP Code 80831) now serves Falcon postal addresses.
The area offer rural living with many new residential communities interspersed with ranches and farms. Rolling hills which are generally without trees provide an opportunity for very nice mountain views of Pikes Peak.
The weather is slightly more severe than in Colorado Springs and the altitude is generally slightly less. These areas are served by Falcon School District 49.
|80831||ZIP CODE||Area Info|
The Falcon Colorado real estate market has been one of the fastest growing areas in the Colorado Springs area for the last 10 years.
There are many options for you to consider in Falcon when looking for a home. There are many popular areas that are new and also some established neighborhoods. Homes in Meridian Ranch are in the $200,000 to $500,000 range. Falcon Hills is another great development that has plans for over 1600 single and multi-family homes. Woodmen Hills is a planned development that has several parks, recreation areas and lots of hiking trails. There are many more choices in homes for sale in Falcon Colorado and a great variety of neighborhoods.
The Falcon area is served by School District 49. Schools in the area include St. Mary's High School, General William Mitchell High School, Roy J. Watson High School, Stratton Elementary School, Evangelical Christian Academy, Colorado Springs Charter Academy.
Also nearby are facilities such as Colorado College, Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind and University of the Rockies.
• Falcon School District 49: http://www.d49.org/
• Colorado Springs Charter Academy: http://cscharter.org/
• Colorado College: http://www.coloradocollege.edu/
• University of the Rockies: http://rockies.edu/
• New Geneva Theological Seminary: http://www.newgeneva.org/
• PIMA Medical Institue: http://pmi.edu/Locations/Details/Colorado-Springs
• University of Colorado - Colorado Springs: http://www.uccs.edu/
• CollegeAmerica: http://www.collegeamerica.edu/
• Pikes Peak Community College: http://www.ppcc.edu/
There are a number of reputable care facilities in the Falcon area including the University of Colorado Health's Memorial Hospital Central.
In addition to this and other traditional medical facilities, the area also is home to a handful of alternative health facilities including medical marijuana dispensaries OMM Alternative and Go Green Cross.
• Memorial Health Systems: http://www.memorialhealthsystem.com/
• HealthSouth Rehabilitation Clinic: http://www.healthsouth.com/
• Affordable Medical Supply: http://affordablemedmart.com/
• Interm Health Care: http://www.interimhealthcare.com/coloradosprings
• Penrose - St. Francis Health Services: http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/
There are not a lot of dining options in the Falcon area but in nearby Peyton you have plenty of options. You can find a variety of foods, everything from Mexican, Traditional American Fare, Chinese to Pizza and Wings. The surrounding Colorado Springs area has many options for dining out.
Living in the Falcon area of Colorado Springs provides many opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. Plenty of hiking trails and spectacular views of the mountains and natural scenery make this area a favorite for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. Rock Island Trail runs along an old rail corridor west of Colorado Springs and parallels US 24. There is over 9 miles of hiking that locals and tourists enjoy.
There are a variety of religious centers and worhsip places on many denominations in the Falcon area. Congregations include Gateway Community Church, First Baptist Church, Our Lady of the Pines, Springs Tabernacle Christian Fellowship and more.
• Grace Community Church: http://gccfalcon.org/
• Falcon Baptist Church: http://www.falconbaptist.com/
• Family of Faith Lutheran Church: http://www.falconfamilyoffaith.com/
• Westminster Presbyterian: http://www.gccommunity.org/
• St. Benedict Catholic Church: http://www.stbenedictfalcon.org/
The area's shopping hub The Citadel Mall, one of the largest shopping centers in Colorado .It is shopping anchored by Burlington Coat Factory, Dillard's, and JCPenney and includes 150+ specialty stores such as Express, Bath and Body Works, American Eagle, Buckle, and Hollister.